Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 is a desktop based application that is part of Adobe Creative Suite 5. With Flash Catalyst, you can create fully interactive prototypes that resemble real websites, without having to write any code.
- Turn static images into interactive prototypes – Photoshop and Fireworks images can be used to form an interactive clickable prototype, that includes UI elements and responds to user choices.
- Pages and states – Create your wireframe using pages and states, that help you to navigate through your finished prototype.
- Video and media – Integrate Flash videos, sound files etc. into your prototype, and allow users to control playback and volume.
- Design-time data – You can create a prototype that appears to incorporate realtime data, without connecting to an external database or writing any code.
- Export – export files as SWF or Adobe AIR.
You can purchase Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 separately for $399, or as part of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium, which is available from $1899.
You can sign up for a free trial or purchase Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashcatalyst/ .
Adobe specialize in visual design products and Creative Suite 5 has garnered rave reviews. Flash Catalyst is just one component of this package, but it upholds the standard and quality that consumers expect from Adobe. Purchasing Flash Catalyst on its own is not really recommended however, as many of its features work best when used in conjunction with other Adobe products.
- Adobe Fireworks CS5: screen graphics, prototyping Adobe Fireworks CS5 is part of Adobe Creative Suite 5. This is a desktop based design tool, which focuses on creating extremely detailed and high quality graphics for any form of software development. With this tool you can create rich prototypes, wireframes, websites and user interfaces. Features: OS – Fireworks...
- Sketchflow: UI Prototyping Tool Sketchflow is a desktop-based UI prototyping tool which is available as part of the Microsoft Expression Suite. You can create mockups and wireframes, and then convert them into clickable prototypes with this application. Features: Collaboration – You can publish your Silverlight files to Sharepoint, where collaborators and clients can view...
- OverSite: Wireframe Software and Interaction Design Tools OverSite is a desktop-based wireframing tool for websites and applications. It functions on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris. Features: Wireframe Editor – You can create a linked mockup of your application or website. Export – Export your wireframes as jpg, png, HTML or .csv. Preset Wireframe Components –...
- Designer Vista: The GUI Prototype Design Software Designer Vista is a desktop based prototyping tool for designing mockups and prototypes of a wide range of applications, such as websites and web applications, Windows Desktop GUIs and Microsoft Office Ribbon style GUIs. Features: Applications – Create mockups for Windows Desktop GUIs, Microsoft Office Ribbon style GUIs and websites...
- inPreso Screens: design and experience software interfaces inPreso Screens is a wireframing and mockup tool that is both web and desktop based. The desktop version is free to download, however all online features, such as the prototype online player, are disabled. Features: Multiple Screens – Edit your wireframes in multiple screens UI elements – Over 30...