fluidIA is an open source, open design desktop-based application that can create rich user interface prototypes. It functions in the Mozilla Firefox browser only. This application is also an open source experiment, an attempt to see if UX professionals, IA’s, developers and interaction designers can collectively create their own prototyping tool.
- Agility and Speed – fluidIA aims to provide rapid prototyping and quick representations of interface changes, regardless of the number of files in the mockup.
- Collaboration – collaboration should be easy and natural. It should also be possible to integrate different ideas form different users together.
- Rich Interaction – prototypes should be interactive and clickable to a high degree.
- Alternation – fluidIA aims to allow designers to customise and develop their own tools.
fluidIA is open source and free of charge. You can download it at http://fluidia.org/index.php .
This application is less of a prototyping application than a design project. The source code is constantly under development to create the features listed above.
- Adobe Fireworks CS5: screen graphics, prototyping Adobe Fireworks CS5 is part of Adobe Creative Suite 5. This is a desktop based design tool, which focuses on creating extremely detailed and high quality graphics for any form of software development. With this tool you can create rich prototypes, wireframes, websites and user interfaces. Features: OS – Fireworks...
- Pencil Project: Sketching and Prototyping with Firefox Pencil Project is a desktop-based tool for GUI prototyping and creating diagrams. It can operate as an add on to Firefox, or on its own.It is free and open source, and functions on Windows, GNU and Linux operating systems, but not on Mac. Features: Stencils – preprogrammed stencils for prototyping...