GUI Design Studio is a desktop based software design tool that is geared towards user interface design. This software functions only on Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 or NT.
- Predesigned Elements – Drag and drop elements to position them on the page.
- UI Element Library – There are more than 120 UI elements included with GUI Design Studio, which allows for quicker and more realistic prototyping.
- Custom Elements – You can also design your own elements and save them to be reused on future pages and projects.
- Templates – The Professional edition of GUI Design Studio also includes templates that help you to set up a mockup in seconds. You can also import and share custom templates.
- Icons and Images – You can incorporate images such as PNGs, JPGs etc. into your prototype. You can also include icons, either from the 150 icons that are included with the design package or through creating your own with the Icon Editor.
- Prototype – You can link the various pages of your design in a storyboard layout, which will create an interactive and clickable prototype. You can also interact with the UI elements on each page.
- Collaborate – You can collaborate on projects with team members over an intranet, or through various file sharing programs.
GUI Design Studio can be purchased in two editions, Express and Professional. A single user licence for GUI Design Studio Express can be purchased for $129.
You can download GUI Design Studio at http://www.carettasoftware.com/ .
The GUI Design Studio comes with a large collection of UI elements and icons, which are of course used to create GUI applications. This makes this program aptly suited to the construction of UI based prototypes. The graphic qualities range from simplistic sketches to high quality images and icons.
- OverSite: Wireframe Software and Interaction Design Tools OverSite is a desktop-based wireframing tool for websites and applications. It functions on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris. Features: Wireframe Editor – You can create a linked mockup of your application or website. Export – Export your wireframes as jpg, png, HTML or .csv. Preset Wireframe Components –...
- Screensketcher: create enlightened user interface mockups Screensketcher is a desktop based mockup tool that is design to create basic mockups for web pages and desktop applications. This program functions on Windows XP, Vista or 7. Features: Hand-drawn sketches - The mockups created by Screensketcher have a purposefully hand-drawn appearance. This is so that the client does...
- Adobe Fireworks CS5: screen graphics, prototyping Adobe Fireworks CS5 is part of Adobe Creative Suite 5. This is a desktop based design tool, which focuses on creating extremely detailed and high quality graphics for any form of software development. With this tool you can create rich prototypes, wireframes, websites and user interfaces. Features: OS – Fireworks...
- Designer Vista: The GUI Prototype Design Software Designer Vista is a desktop based prototyping tool for designing mockups and prototypes of a wide range of applications, such as websites and web applications, Windows Desktop GUIs and Microsoft Office Ribbon style GUIs. Features: Applications – Create mockups for Windows Desktop GUIs, Microsoft Office Ribbon style GUIs and websites...
- inPreso Screens: design and experience software interfaces inPreso Screens is a wireframing and mockup tool that is both web and desktop based. The desktop version is free to download, however all online features, such as the prototype online player, are disabled. Features: Multiple Screens – Edit your wireframes in multiple screens UI elements – Over 30...