Lucid Spec is a desktop-based software prototyping tool, that can be used to create prototypes for all common forms of software. It is Windows-based, and there is a free player available to download that allows you to simulate the completed application.
- Widgets – You can create your prototype with Lucid Spec by using a set of pre-designed widgets. You can also create and save custom widgets.
- UI description - This a feature that allows you to write text to explain certain details of the design to clients and collaborators. This can then be viewed by clicking on a tab on the prototype.
- Prototype – Technically the prototype generated by Lucid Spec is a simulation. Screens are linked using special widgets which are activated when the design is viewed in the player, resulting in a clickable prototype.
- Export – Your files can be exported in RTF, for viewing with Microsoft Word.
There are a variety of licences available for purchase. The lowest priced download of Lucid Spec is with the single user licence, which is available for $499.
You can download Lucid Spec at http://www.elegancetech.com/LS/LS.aspx .
This program functions on Windows operating systems only and there is no web-based application available. If you wish each member of your design team to be able to edit and work on your prototypes, you will have to purchase a licence for each download. However the free player does allow Windows users who have not purchased Lucid Spec to view your prototypes.
- inPreso Screens: design and experience software interfaces inPreso Screens is a wireframing and mockup tool that is both web and desktop based. The desktop version is free to download, however all online features, such as the prototype online player, are disabled. Features: Multiple Screens – Edit your wireframes in multiple screens UI elements – Over 30...
- Designer Vista: The GUI Prototype Design Software Designer Vista is a desktop based prototyping tool for designing mockups and prototypes of a wide range of applications, such as websites and web applications, Windows Desktop GUIs and Microsoft Office Ribbon style GUIs. Features: Applications – Create mockups for Windows Desktop GUIs, Microsoft Office Ribbon style GUIs and websites...